The Brampton Real Estate Board (BREB) was formed in 1955 by a group of local real estate brokers who saw the need for standardization of practices and co-operation in the marketing of real estate. The BREB attained membership in the Ontario and Canadian Real Estate Associations and all Members adhere to a strict Code of Ethics established by the Canadian Association and by RECO, the Real Estate Council of Ontario.
At BREB we believe in the ownership of Real Estate. Our mission is to provide members with resources, education and support to succeed. We do this by contributing to the capability and growth of our members in their endeavors by marketing all forms of real property throughout the greater Brampton, Halton Hills and Caledon marketplaces and beyond.
BREB is dedicated to providing an environment in which it's Member REALTORS®, employees, Board of Directors, Sponsors, and committee volunteers are encouraged to grow, succeed and develop in order to provide the highest level of professional conduct and service.
The original "Photo Co-Op" system has been updated over the years to be an ultimate service to the Members, buyers and sellers. Computerization was introduced in 1982 for better accuracy and speed and allows our Members to search the market, do investment analysis and sales comparisons.
Computerization of the MLS® System is only one of the reasons that Members of the Brampton Real Estate Board can uphold and maintain a high standard of professional service to all that do business as REALTORS®. Today, BREB has a membership of over 1,580 REALTOR® Members and over 160 brokerage offices involved in all aspects of real estate.